Abandoned and unwanted vehicles
What is an abandon vehicle?
- It’s NOT a vehicle that is untaxed, these should be reported to the DVLA
- It’s NOT a vehicle that has no MOT, these should be reported to the Police
An abandon vehicle is a something that is no longer owned/wanted, most vehicles that are removed for abandonment have the following:
- not moved for a long period of time
- rusty brake discs
- flat tyres/broken windows
- being burnt out
- general condition of deterioration
There may be other factors that would affect the officers decision in whether or not a vehicle is deemed abandoned.
How long does it take to have a vehicle removed?
It could take up to 4 weeks, depending on when its reported, the information received (photos and location are very important) and the risk to the public.
Report an abandoned vehicle on the street
Or call us on 020 8937 5050 to report an abandoned vehicle.
Report an abandoned vehicle on a council run estate
When reporting please tell us:
- the exact location of the vehicle, such as outside number 6, High Road, Wembley
- the colour, make and model of the vehicle such as 'red Ford Escort'
- the registration number of the vehicle
- the length of time you believe the vehicle has been abandoned at the location.
Ask us to collect your old vehicle
You can use this form to let us know if you want us to collect your unwanted vehicles free of charge from your home provided that you are a Brent resident and have proof of ownership – vehicle registration documents. These will only be collected for free from your own house/driveway.
If you do not live in Brent or are the managing agent of a property in Brent, or this is a business or commercial property where the vehicle is located, there is a charge of £100 for each vehicle removed from private property.
Please also fill out and return the indemnity form
For more information contact us online or call 020 8937 5050.
Have you had a notice attached to your car or a letter in the post regarding a vehicle: please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your registration and if possible a copy of your V5.