Health and wellbeing board
Things to read
Health and wellbeing boards are central to the health and social care system. It brings together councillors, senior GPs, council officers and patient representatives in Brent to develop health and social care strategy.
The main functions of the health and wellbeing board
- Assess the needs of the population through the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA). The JSNA identifies Brent's key health issues and major health inequalities and what can be done to address them
- Agree and produce a health and wellbeing strategy to address needs, which commissioners will need to consider when developing commissioning plans for health care, social care and public health. Commissioning plans can be referred to the Clinical Commission Group (CCG), our Cabinet or NHS Commissioning Board if they do not reflect the JSNA and health and wellbeing strategy
- Promote joint commissioning between health and social care
- Join up social care, public health and NHS services with wider local authority services
- Take part in the development of CCG commissioning plans and provide advice to the NHS Commissioning Board in authorising CCGs
The chair of the health and wellbeing board is Cllr Hirani. The vice-chair is Dr Ethie Kong, chair of the Brent Clinical Commissioning Group.