What can my councillors do for me?
Your councillors can:
- help you if you are dissatisfied with a council service by advising or directing you to someone who can help sort out your problem and can sometimes progress the case on your behalf
- be visited at advice surgeries where you can discuss your problem or ideas to improve the ward and or borough
- on some occasions make home visits or solve issues over the phone
- as community leaders, put forward proposals to improve the ward they represent which may include bringing together different community groups to develop a case for change
- support local partnerships and organisations
- campaign on local issues
- represent your community within the council and to other organisations
- through ward working, provide you with funds to deliver a project that will benefit or improve your ward.