Free universal symptomatic and asymptomatic testing for the general public in England has ended from 1 April 2022. With these new guidelines now in place, all Lateral flow test centres in Brent are now closed.
As well as this, the following changes have been made to the guidance:
- You are longer legally required to self-isolate if you test positive for COVID-19 but it is strongly advised you do
- Unvaccinated close contacts of those testing positive do not need to isolate
- Routine contact tracing ends.
The government are asking the public to practice specific safe and responsible behaviours. You can help to adapt behaviour to reduce the risk of catching and passing on COVID-19 by:
- getting vaccinated
- letting fresh air in if meeting indoors, or meeting outside
- consider wearing a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces, especially where coming into contact with people you do not usually meet
- trying to stay at home if unwell
- taking a test if displaying COVID-19 symptoms, and staying at home and avoiding other people if testing positive
- washing hands and following advice “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”
For the latest guidance, please visit the NHS website.