If you are struggling or in financial hardship, there are other benefits, grants and schemes available that you may be eligible to apply for.
Support from the government
You can find information on the help available, including eligibility and how to apply, on the GOV.UK website.
Benefits and financial support for when:
- you're looking for work
- you're temporarily unable to work
- you're disabled or have a health condition
- you're caring for someone
- you're on a low income
- someone dies
Childcare and school support
Support with heating and household bills
- energy grants and ways to save energy in your home
- Cold Weather Payment
- Green Deal: energy saving for your home
- help from your energy supplier: the Affordable Warmth Obligation
- Warm Home Discount Scheme
- Winter Fuel Payment
If you can't afford to buy food there are a number of food banks in Brent that can provide emergency food parcels.