Starting a food business

Starting a food business

We provide services and support for people wishing to start a food business in Brent.

Premises being used for a food business (including market stalls, delivery vehicles and other moveable structures) are required by law to register with us. There is no fee payable for registration.

For a full guide to starting a food business, please go to our section: Food businesses.

Our guide includes information about:

  • Safety regulations
  • Food sampling
  • Food inspections
  • Food labelling
  • Training

Businesses that sell alcohol and/or trade late may need an alcohol and entertainment licence.

Businesses that trade from vehicles, trailers or stalls may need a street trading licence.

Visit our planning and building control section for advice about compliance with planning regulations for your premises.