Get a licence
- Animal boarding licence
Apply for a licence to keep a boarding establishment for animals.
- Animal movement licence
For all movement of cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and deer.
- Approve a premises for civil marriage or partnership ceremonies
Download, print and fill out the application form, attaching the required plans and fees.
- Auction premises registration and notification
To register a premises in which to sell goods by competitive bidding.
- Caravan site permit
Land cannot be used as a caravan site unless the occupier holds a site licence issued by the local authority.
- Chaperone permit
All applicants must obtain a DBS check (previously CRB).
- Children employment permit
Employed children of compulsory school age are legally required to have a permit issued by the local authority in which the child or young person works.
- Club premises - Application for a minor variation to a premises or club licence
You can make small changes to your premises licence or club premises certificate through the minor variation process.
- Club premises - Application for a variation to a club premises certificate
A premises licence holder may apply to the authority to vary their licence.
- Club premises licence - new certificate
All clubs supplying alcohol and entertainment need a club premises certificate.
- Cooling tower registration
All cooling towers and evaporative condensers are legally required to be registered with us.
- Crane licence
A licence is required to site a crane or platform vehicle on the highway.
- Credit licence
Most businesses that provide goods and services on credit or for hire, lend money or provide debt collecting, debt counselling or debt adjusting services to consumers need to have a credit licence.
- Dangerous or wild animal licence (zoo licence)
A zoo licence is needed if wild animals are exhibited with or without charge for admission on seven or more consecutive days in any 12 consecutive months.
- Dog breeding licence
A breeding establishment means any premises where more than two bitches are kept for the purposes of breeding for sale.
- Environmental permit application, surrender, transfer and variation
Application to register a 'polluting industry' business. We regulate vehicle respraying, furniture manufacture, dry cleaning, coating manufacturers and vehicle fuelling.
- Filming permit
Apply for a licence to film in Brent.
- Fireworks and explosives licence
To sell or store fireworks in Brent the occupier of the premises must register with us.
- Gambling - Provisional statement application
For premises that are being, or are about to be constructed for licensable activities.
- Gambling - Temporary use notice
Use this form to notify us that you wish to get a licence for gambling at a temporary location.
- Gambling premises licence application
If you provide gambling facilities, you may need three different types of licence - an operating licence, a personal licence and a premises licence.
- Gambling premises licence transfer application
Use this form to notify us that you wish to move your licence to other premises.
- Gambling premises licence variation application
This form is for applying to vary a premises licence under the Gambling Act 2005.
- Gaming machine - Unlicensed family entertainment gaming machine notification
- Gaming machine application for club licensed premises
- Gaming machine application for licensed premises
- Gaming machine permit transfer request
- Gaming machines - Notification of two or less machines for licensed premises
Use this form to tell us if you have two gaming machines of categories C or D, conversion of an existing gaming machine permit, new application, variation or transfer of an alcohol licensed premises gaming machine permit.
- Health certificate (food exporting)
A document required to import some foods in to certain countries.
- Highway projection licence
If you are planning to build a permanent structure that goes over or under the public highway, you must apply for a highway projection licence.
- Horse riding establishment
A riding establishment is defined as 'the carrying on of a business of keeping horses to let them out for hire for riding or riding instruction'.
- Hypnotism performance licence
If you wish to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public in Brent, you must have authorisation from us.
- Leaflet distribution
To distribute free literature in some designated roads, car parks and recreation grounds, you need the council's consent.
- Lottery return form
Use this form to give details about prizes and expenses if your society has held a draw.
- Market stalls
All market traders need public liability insurance. You will need to make your own arrangements to get the public liability insurance that suits your business.
- Minibus permit
Apply for a permit for small passenger-carrying vehicles. We issue mini-bus permits to voluntary and non-profit making organisations.
- Motor salvage operator and scrap metal dealer
Motor vehicle salvage operations must be registered with us. You will also need to provide a police check with this form.
- Notification of disuse of a certified place of worship (form 77)
Download, print and fill in this form. To be given to the Registrar General.
- Occasional sales
An occasional sale is a group of five or more buyers or sellers operating from a site that is neither part of a highway or within any building other than a car park.
- Parking bay suspension
An application for a suspension of a bay must be made 21 days in advance.
- Parking dispensations
Temporarily allows parking in a location that is ordinarily not possible.
- Performance licence
If a child who is not over compulsory school age is participating in TV or film work, a theatrical production, modelling work or a sporting event.
- Performing animal licence
You need to register with us if you have performing animals that will be in shows in Brent.
- Performing animal licence (variation to register)
Use this form if you need to make changes to your performing animals licence.
- Personal licence - Change your name or address form
Use this form to change the name and address on your personal licence.
- Personal licence - Lost or stolen licence form
Use this form if your personal licence is lost or stolen.
- Personal licence - Personal alcohol licence application
You must have a personal licence, or be authorised by a personal licence holder, in order to sell or supply alcohol. You don't need to renew this licence. They carry on indefinitely until they are either surrendered or revoked.
- Pet shop licence
This form is for the application for a licence to keep a pet shop.
- Planning application forms (all)
Conduct planning applications via the Planning Portal. The Planning Portal has all the application forms depending on the work you are carrying out.
- Poisons (non-medicinal) register
Application for name to be entered in Brent Council's list of persons entitled to sell non-medicinal poisons.
- Premises and club licence review
Interested parties can apply to have an alcohol and entertainment premises licence review for example if you would like the conditions and hours on the licence reviewed.
- Premises licence - application to remove the designated premises supervisor (DPS) provisions
Where a premises is selling alcohol, the Licensing Act 2003 allows for the mandatory requirement to have a designated premises supervisor (DPS) to be disapplied.
- Premises licence - application to transfer
Use this form if you are applying to have the premises licence transferred to you.
- Premises licence - Application to vary an individual as designated premises supervisor
Being the premises licence holder, use this form to apply to vary a premises licence by naming an individual as the premises supervisor.
- Premises licence - Apply to vary an application
A premises licence holder may apply to the authority to vary their licence.
- Premises licence - Consent for the transfer of a licence number
As a premises licence holder, use this form to give your consent for the transfer of your premises licence to a named transferee.
- Premises licence - Interim authority notice
The continuation of permissions under a premises licence when the holder of a licence dies suddenly or becomes bankrupt or mentally incapable.
- Premises licence - Notification of an interest in premises under Section 178
Use this form to supply details if you have a legal interest in the premises as freeholder or leaseholder.
- Premises licence - Notification of change of name or address
The holder of a premises licence must notify the licensing authority of any change in their name or address.
- Premises licence - Provisional statement
This 'statement' can be applied for under Section 29 where premises are being, or about to be constructed for licensable activities.
- Premises licence - Request to be removed as a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
Please use this form to confirm if you wish to be removed as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) for a premises.
- Premises licence adverts
Premises licence applications must be advertised in a local newspaper and on the street.
- Premises licence application
A premises licence authorises the use of premises for 'licensable activities'.
- Premises or club licence - Application for a minor variation
It is possible to make small changes to your premises licence or club premises certificate through the minor variation process.
- Property licensing for landlords / Houses in multiple occupation (HMO)
Landlords and property managing agents in Brent may need to apply for a property licence.
- Registration of a place of worship as a premises for marriage (form 78)
Download, print and fill out a copy of the application form, with the correct signatures and fees.
- Registration of non-commercial society application
Gambling Act 2005 requires small society lotteries to be registered with the local authority where the principal head office of the society is situated in order to operate lotteries/raffles.
- Registration of premises for worship (form 76)
Download, print and fill out two copies of the application form, attaching the required plans and fees.
- Regularisation application
For applying for building consent for a new-build or to change the structure of your property.
- Sex establishment licence
For any place, vehicle, vessel or stall where articles encouraging sexual activity are sold, hired, exchanged, demonstrated or displayed (inc. R18 cert videos or DVDs).
- Skips, scaffolding and hoarding licence
You will need licenses and permits for skips, hoarding, scaffolding and temporary crossings to builders and skip hire companies.
- Special beauty treatment licence application
For special beauty treatments - Includes forms 2, 3 and 3a - forms to be filled in depending on the professional body to which you belong.
- Sports ground safety licence
You must have a general safety certificate if you operate a sports ground or stadium which holds designated sporting events and provides accommodation for spectators.
- Street cafe
To place tables and chairs on a public highway you will need a licence from us.
- Street collection
A permit is required by anyone collecting money or selling articles for charitable purposes in a public place and it is an offence to hold a collection without one.
- Street trading
Street trading requires a Brent licensing officer's consent before application can be made. Please do not apply unless you have this.
- Streetworks licence
A private streetworks licence is required at least two weeks in advance for members of the public or businesses to undertake works that involve digging up or altering a pavement or road.
- Sunday trading loading consent
Application for consent to load and unload before 9am on Sundays.
- Temporary event notification form
- Vehicle crossings and dropped kerbs
Allowing vehicles to cross over the pavement to meet the road from private property - often including kerb lowering and pavement strengthening.
- Weighbridge operator
For a certificate to carry out public weighing for a charge.