We are carrying out essential maintenance on Saturday 8 August. During this time My Account will be unavailable between 8am and 1pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Building materials storage licence

If you wish to store building materials on the public highway, you will need to contact us in advance to obtain a licence.

If a builder is doing work on your house, it is your responsibility to ensure they have a licence for materials storage.

If you have not heard from us within two working days, please contact us, but you cannot act as if your application has been granted until you hear from us.

If you wish to appeal against a decision you may do so to the local Magistrates' court

Using parking bays

If a skip is to be placed in a controlled parking zone (CPZ) location, then parking must be contacted to suspend the bays 

An application for a suspension of a bay must be made 21 days in advance.

Email the form to parking.suspensions@brent.gov.uk or post it to Unit 20-22, Whitby Avenue, Park Royal, NW10 7SF.

Storage conditions

When you have a licence, you and your builder are responsible for ensuring that the materials are stored according to our standard conditions and guidelines, and following the Highways Act 1980.

You are not allowed to block access to public highways, or to damage or stain public ground.

Storage fees if you do not meet licence conditions

If you do not meet the licence conditions, your materials may be confiscated, and you will have to pay for their collection, transportation and storage costs:

  • Pick up charge: £400
  • Transportation charge: £105 (per cubic metre)
  • Storage charge: £35 (per cubic metre per day)