Highway projection licence

If you are planning to build a permanent structure that goes over or under a public road (such as a balcony, tunnel, bridge or cellar), you are required to apply for a highway projection licence before starting any work.

This application cannot be made unless you have planning permission for the work.

The full cost of the application process will be passed on to the developer.

Getting the licence

Once planning permission has been received, you should contact our transportation team to discuss how to proceed with your licence application: highwaysandinfrastructure@brent.gov.uk