Temporary event notification form

A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) allows small scale one-off events like fetes and open days without the need for a premises licence or club certificate.

Apply for a Temporary Event Notice online via the Council Direct website.

Please note, you will be required to ‘Register’ first by clicking the red box in the right hand corner, then click ‘Licensing Act 2003 – Alcohol and Entertainment’ and the application type to get started. Do ensure that you are ready to pay the fee of £21 when you submit your application.

You can apply for any of the licensable activities listed below: 

  • the sale by retail of alcohol
  • the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to the order of, a member of a club
  • the provision of regulated entertainment
  • the provision of late night refreshment

You must apply at least 10 clear working days before your event.

Clear working days do not include the day we receive your application or the day of the event.

You can only apply for a TEN as an individual, not an organisation.

For more information on the Licensing Act 2003, please visit the Home Office website.