If you run a small to medium sized business (SME) in Brent and want to make your business more energy efficient, then you may be eligible for the new Energy Saving Scheme. If successful, your business could receive:
- A free on-site energy audit: to review your operations, equipment, building fabric and historic energy use. Our expert advisors will write a tailored energy report and action plan to help you reduce your energy use, bills and carbon emissions.
- A grant up to the value of £18,000: to fund up to 60% of a project that can reduce your business’s energy use, generate clean energy or increase efficiency. Our team will support you in making your grant application.
What the scheme covers
The scheme will support the purchase and installation of a wide range of technology solutions that aim to reduce a business’ energy use and carbon emissions. Below are some examples of what the scheme could cover:
|Heating||Start/Stop Controls, Wireless TRVs|
|Building fabric||Smart Windows, Insulation, Building Controls|
|Lighting||LED lights, Occupancy Sensors|
|Refrigeration||Alternative refrigerants, Compact Heat Exchangers, Heat Recovery, PVC curtain|
|Energy management||Solar PV, Smart Metering, Voltage Optimisation, BEMS|
Unfortunately, we are unable to fund:
- New boilers (fossil fuel)
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles
This scheme is open to businesses that can show they are:
- an SME (fewer than 250 employees and annual turnover under of less than €50 million)
- not owned by a group or larger company that, all holdings combined, does not comply with the above
- operating from a commercial premises in the London Borough of Brent
- investment ready, willing and able to cover 40% of works as part of the grant application
- able to make environmental changes to business premises. This might be because you are the property owner, or with long lease and can demonstrate support from landlord
- responsible for paying energy bills
- not in receipt of Small Amounts of Financial Assistance totalling over £357,000 (subject to exchange rates), in the preceding 3 years. (See the subsidy allowances information at the bottom of this page if you are unsure if this applies to your business).
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications from:
- Home-based businesses
How to apply
To apply, you need to complete and submit the Expression of Interest form by 31 October 2022. The Council reserves the right to close this scheme to new applications earlier than this date.
In order to apply for grant funding, you will need either to receive a free energy audit as part of the scheme, or provide evidence of receiving an alternative energy audit within the last 24 months.