The Integrated Care Board (ICB) is responsible for planning and buying, known as ‘commissioning’, healthcare services for people in Brent.
These services include:
- planned hospital care
- urgent and emergency care
- mental health and learning disability services
- rehabilitation care
- care in the community
To make sure the right commissioning decisions are made for patients, the ICB works closely with local health and social care partners, including Brent Council, patients, the public, community and voluntary organisations, and Healthwatch Brent.
Joint commissioning is the way professionals from different organisations work together to agree what support is needed and then arrange for it to be put in place.
Brent Council and the ICB work in partnership and jointly commission a number of health services for children and young people.
- universal services
- targeted services
- specialist speech and language therapy services
Designated Clinical Officer (DCO)
If you have a question or concern about health provision for children or young people with SEND, a Designated Clinical Officer (DCO) can help.
The DCO plays a key role in providing a link between the local authority and health services for children with SEND. Their responsibilities include:
- facilitating the education, health and care (EHC) plan process and link it with local health care systems
- co-ordinate assessments and processes where health services are involved
- providing a point of contact for local authorities, schools and colleges seeking health advice about children and young people who may have SEND
- overseeing all health professionals delivering healthcare to children and young people with SEND
- ensuring all health services are reflected in the Local Offer and that health providers are co-operating in the review of the Local Offer and clear health journeys for children and young people with SEND
- coordinating EHC assessments with other key health assessments, attending EHC panels to discuss which children go forward for assessments, and providing professionals with the support and information needed for assessments.
Who is the DCO Brent?
The Designated Clinical Officer for Brent is Norma Johnson, contact her by emailing email@example.com