Change Children's Lives Through Fostering
6 January 2020
‘On New Year's Eve the whole world celebrates the fact that a date changes.
Let us celebrate the dates on which we change the world.’
― Akilnathan Logeswaran
Life is unfair for many children, but you can change this. As a foster carer you help babies, older children or teenagers by offering them a safe, loving and stable home.
Do you want to get involved? There are a few things you need to know:
- To foster you must be over 21. There is no upper age limit.
- Having indefinite leave to remain in the UK is mandatory.
- You can foster older children or teenagers only if you have a spare bedroom. To care for babies you must have space for a cot in your bedroom.
- Being flexible is key. As a baby carer, you need to be available 24/7, but if you want to care for older children, you can work part-time or full-time.
- You need to be financially stable. From us you will receive a weekly allowance that covers the living costs of the child and a fee for your effort.
For more information visit brent.gov.uk/fostering.
Do you want to keep up with Brent Fostering? Sign up to receive monthly updates.