The Benefits of Fostering With Brent
10 February 2020
As a Brent foster carer you get personalised support, access to free training, and our full attention.
Here is the full list of the benefits you have access to:
a combined fostering allowance and fee of up to £757.60 fortnightly (depending on the age of the child and your experience)
- a highly skilled and approachable social worker who will support you during your time with us
- out-of-hours support from the Emergency Duty Team at Brent Council
- support from other council areas such as education, and health and wellbeing services
- learning and development opportunities so that you can hone your social care and childminding skills
- free training based on your needs or the needs of your foster child
- a fortnightly newsletter to keep you updated on opportunities available
- membership with The Fostering Network which includes a 24-hour helpline, discounts for foster carers, and much more
- buddying with our more experienced carers
- fostering support groups where you can share your experience and get feedback and advice from fellow carers
- social events for you and the people in your support network
- activities to keep your foster children busy and entertained all year round.
But none of these compares to knowing that you are helping local children stay in Brent. By remaining in their familiar area children keep their links, which makes the fostering process less distressing for them.
Find out more about joining us at our next info evening. Get your free ticket now.