There could be a cap on pawnbrokers, betting shops and payday loan firms on Brent's high streets if policies governing how the council decides on planning applications are approved.
Local people are being invited to have their say on the draft Development Management Policies, which will help shape the borough for years to come. Consultation starts Friday 20 June.
- limiting takeaways and shisha cafes near schools
- improved protection for employment sites, community facilities, open space, historic buildings and conservation areas
- and encouraging the right quality, size and type of housing for local people.
View the draft plan at libraries, at www.brent.gov.uk/dmp or visit drop-in sessions at:
- Sainsbury's, High Road, Willesden Green on 14 July 4pm to 8pm
- Brent Civic Centre, Engineer's Way, Wembley on 19 July 12 to 3pm.
Comments must be received by 5pm on 31 July 2014. View details on how to make your comments here.