A Brent Council spokesperson said: “Brent Council is today apologising to Housing Benefit claimants, and to their landlords, who should have received their regular payment into their bank accounts on Monday, 2 April, the Bank Holiday. Instead, they will now receive the money due a day later, on Tuesday, 3 April, due to problems with an earlier payment run. We can confirm to any landlords who may therefore receive their rent payments a day late as a result that this was our error, and not that of their tenants, so this should not cause any tenants any major problems. We are working hard to identify what went wrong with this payment run, so as to ensure that there is no repeat in future.”
Use My Location to find:
- property details including council tax band, bin collection day and planning history
- your nearest doctor, dentist, parking zone or childcare
- councillor details and events near you.
Login to view it, pay it, anywhere, anytime
- Council Tax: See your Council Tax details, set up a direct debit, apply for discounts, make payments, view / download your bill online and report a change in address.
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support: Apply for and view your claim details and next payment details. Also report a change in circumstances.