Brent libraries now closed but everyone encouraged to use free e-library
22 March 2020
The current challenges that we are all facing with COVID-19, mean that we have to take sensible decisions based on official guidance, and what we feel is the right thing to do for our residents, staff and councillors.
It is with this in mind that we have taken the decision to close all Libraries, as well as the Brent Museum, Gallery and Archives.
We have also suspended the library events programme.
To minimise the impact on library users, we are also:
- automatically renewing all items borrowed until 1 July 2020
- waiving fines whilst libraries are closed
- extending the expiry date of any cards due to expire
These are temporary measures and we will return to usual opening as soon possible.
During this time, we want to remind residents that they have access to a host of online services that are open to everyone.
Download the ‘My Library App’, available on iOS and Android, for access to:
- Thousands of e-books and audiobooks – for adults, teens and children
- Hundreds of magazines and newspapers in several languages
- Reference and study materials
- Manage your loans (renewal and reserving books)
You can also access these services online at www.brent.gov.uk/elibrary
For new library members, registering for a library account online with immediate access to digital content just became easier. Join a library online.
Once registered, you will be given a reference number in this format: UNREG123456789 with pin number you chose. This number will make sure you can immediately start enjoying online resources.