Brent enforcement teams assist Police with Covid-19 ‘stay home, stay closed' lockdown
27 March 2020
Brent’s Environmental Enforcement team is assisting Police with the ‘stay home, stay closed’ lockdown.
Council officers who would normally enforce littering, fly-tipping, public space protection orders and highway related offences, have been deployed to help the Police enforce the Government’s messages about staying home, staying closed and social distancing.
Councillor Krupa Sheth, Brent Council’s Cabinet Member for Environment, assured: “Our dedicated teams are on the ground helping to spread the message so that we can stop the spread of this pandemic.
“While the majority of us are heeding the message, unfortunately a minority seem to be disregarding the seriousness of this and putting lives at risk.”
Over the last week enforcement teams have:
• Dispersed groups in parks playing sports and holding picnics
• Closed off play equipment
• Advised non-essential businesses to close or else face enforcement action.
• Advised residents to keep to social distancing
• Conducted patrols to ensure community safety
• Delivered food parcels