The council housing management services, previously provided by Brent Housing Partnership (BHP), have transferred back to Brent Council today.
The move follows a 12 week consultation with tenants and leaseholders earlier this year and a raft of improvements to council housing are planned over the next year including:
- More investment in up-to-date technology, such as a new smartphone app for simple transactions
- More joined up approach between housing and other council services, to provide a better customer experience for tenants and leaseholders
- A more responsive and flexible repairs service
- More and better targeted investment in estates, blocks and houses
- Review of service standards, to ensure we are delivering what residents want
- Better engagement of residents in decision-making about their homes and estates.
Tenancies are already held by the council so residents do not need to do anything differently and will still receive all the services they had access to under BHP. However, council tenants and leaseholders will notice a change of branding back to Brent Council which will appear on all official items including estate signage, website, social media, letters and ID cards of staff and contractors.
Councillor Harbi Farah, Lead Member for Housing at Brent Council said:
“Housing is one of our most important services so it’s great that we’ve been able to bring it back in-house. Our tenants and residents can be sure that we’re committed to building on BHP’s good work and will know that we’re determined to deliver an excellent service across the board.”
Anyone who would like to help shape the new housing service can get involved by:
- Taking part in a survey – to help with the new Customer Strategy. Surveys can be completed via this link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HousingCustomerStrategy
- Attending a workshop – to ensure that information about Service Standards is clear, useful and complete
- Taking part in some testing – of designs for a new smartphone app
Please visit the housing website for dates of workshops, app testing and further information.