Two new Cabinet members have been appointed to Brent Council.
Cllr Harbi Farah and Cllr Wilhelmina Mitchell Murray both join the council's top team for the first time following the council's Annual Meeting yesterday evening (18 May 2016).
The appointments were made after Cllr Ruth Moher, former Cabinet Member for Children and Young People, and Cllr James Denselow, former Cabinet Member for Stronger Communities, both decided to step down.
The council's Cabinet and their portfolios are:
- Cllr Muhammed Butt - Leader of the Council
- Cllr Margaret McLennan - Deputy Leader of the Council
- Cllr Michael Pavey - Cabinet Member for Stronger Communities
- Cllr Roxanne Mashari - Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Growth, Employment and Skills
- Cllr Harbi Farah - Cabinet Member for Housing
- Cllr Krupesh Hirani - Cabinet Member for Community Wellbeing
- Cllr Wilhelmina Mitchell Murray - Cabinet Member for Children and Young People
- Cllr Eleanor Southwood - Cabinet Member for Environment
Leader of the Council, Cllr Muhammed Butt, said:
"This is a strong cabinet with a broad mix of talents and experience across a variety of areas.
"As a cabinet, we are determined to work harder than ever to drive forward our ambitious agenda to improve the lives of Brent residents despite the continued challenges we are facing."
A series of appointments were also made to the council's committees and outside bodies. A full list of appointments is available on our democratic pages.