Would you like to have your voice heard and see local democracy in action?
There are over 150 meetings each municipal year where matters of interest and importance to the public are discussed and decisions made.
Most of these meetings are open, and the public are welcome to attend and participate, where appropriate. Click on the links below to find out more about some of the other ways to get involved:
- Survey: complete our new survey and help us understand how we can do things better
- Request to speak: use our online form and at one of our council meetings or ask a question at Full Council
- Petition: submit a petition on a local issue you feel passionate about
- Watch: Full Council meetings live or browse the archive
- Registering to receive emails: stay up to date on issues to be discussed at meetings whenever a new agenda becomes available on the Council's website.
- Councillors: contact your ward representatives by email or in person at one of their advice surgeries
- Brent Connects: Find out when and where you next local Brent Connects is and come and have your say during the Soap Box
Carolyn Downs, Chief Executive of Brent Council said:
"As a Council we want to make sure that local people have the opportunity to work with their local councillors and participate in the way that decisions are made on matters involving the borough. If you are interested in participating, there are a number of ways you can get involved and ensure that the issues which matter to you are raised. It really is important to make sure your voice is heard, so please contact us if you would like any more information on how to get involved."
Save the date!
Next Full Council meeting will take place on 22 January 2018. If you would like to send us a question please do so by 28 December 2017 by using the online form.
For more information, please contact the Governance Team at email@example.com