Green light granted for Bridge Park new plans
12 February 2019
Plans to create a community hub on the Bridge Park site are now one a step closer after the council's cabinet last night (Monday 11 February) agreed to an enhanced proposal for the Stonebridge site.
The new plan sets out to offer better leisure facilities, including a 6 lane pool, flexible business spaces, a café, accommodation and more.
The New Bridge Park Centre will have:
- A six lane swimming pool with a moveable floor
- Modern community facilities including 2 function halls and meeting rooms - more than twice the size of current provision
- Flexible business space to support local enterprise
- 72 space car park
- Up to 104 new homes to help vulnerable residents live independently
- 4 Court Sports Hall
- Sauna & steam rooms
- Bigger Fitness Gym with up to 100 stations
- Children's Soft Play Area & Party Room
- A new Clip & Climb
- Café Area
- Spin Studio
- Changing Facilities
- Toning Suite
- Consultation Rooms
Cllr Krupesh Hirani, Cabinet Member for Public Health, Culture & Leisure, said: "I am pleased that these enhanced plans have been approved by cabinet and delighted that residents could soon get to enjoy a local swimming pool, better community facilities and modern flexible business spaces.
"We are a step closer to delivering a hub that caters for the needs of residents now and in the future. Brent has a growing and aging population and the new independent living homes in this proposal together with the additional housing that the neighbouring Unisys buildings will bring, once rebuilt, with help many residents."
For more information about the proposal visit: www.brent.gov.uk/bridgepark