We are carrying out essential maintenance on Saturday 8 August. During this time My Account will be unavailable between 8am and 1pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Good causes invited to sign up for Brent Community Lottery

9 October 2019

Good causes working in Brent were invited to a special event to sign up to receive funds from the Brent Community Lottery on Wednesday 9 October.

The borough's Voluntary and Community Sector is in need of a cash boost after it has faced funding cuts, alongside Brent Council, following years of Government led austerity.

The Brent Community Lottery, which was given the go ahead by Brent Council's Cabinet in June, will provide a new income stream to the local Voluntary and Community Sector in the borough.

Anyone who buys a ticket for the lottery will be in with the chance to win up to £25,000 while raising money for a local good cause or charity of their choosing.

60% of cash raised will go straight to local good causes with the other 40% providing the prize fund for winners, covering VAT and the running of the scheme.

Councillor Tom Miller, Cabinet Member for Community Safety and Engagement said: "The Community Lottery model is already being used very successfully by over 50 other councils across the country. We have now been given the go ahead to follow this positive trend to help support the Voluntary and Community Sector and provide them with access to alternative sources of funding. We hope good causes will sign up to benefit from this initiative and that Brent residents will take part knowing that they are supporting their local charity or good cause as well as having the added incentive of winning some cash."

If you would like to sign up as a 'good cause' please go to www.brentcommunitylottery.co.uk where you'll find further information and the online application form

Tickets for the lottery will be on sale in November 2019.

Keep an eye on our website and social media for more details.