Bloomin’ great! Brent sweeps the board at London in Bloom Awards
24 September 2018
Brent is celebrating winning four gold awards and four silver awards at the prestigious London in Bloom Awards 2018.
The awards celebrate the efforts of local authorities, community groups and schools across London who work tirelessly to improve their local environment.
Roe Green Walled Garden was awarded gold and won best small conservation area, while Alperton Cemetery was awarded silver and best small cemetery. Overall, the borough of Brent scooped a silver award; an excellent achievement that recognises the hard work residents and officers put in to making our local areas cleaner, greener and brighter.
The full list of awards is below:
- The London Borough of Brent – Silver
- Alperton Cemetery – Silver and category winner in ‘Cemetery of the Year 2018’
- Gladstone Park Walled Garden – Gold
- Mapesbury Dell – Gold
- Fryent Country Park – Gold
- Roe Green Walled Garden – Gold and category winner in ‘Small Conservation Area of the Year 2018’
- Roundwood Park – Silver
- Barham Park Walled Garden – Silver
Cllr Krupa Sheth, Cabinet member for Environment, commented:
“I’m delighted that we’ve done so well in these prestigious awards and would like to thank residents, communities and our contractor Veolia, who have all worked so hard to help make Brent a greener and brighter place to live.”