Flooding in Brent July 2021

If you have been affected by the recent flooding (12 July) you can call our customer services team on 0208 937 1234 for help and advice.  Our staff will help you access the support you may need, including emergency accommodation if required.  You will also need to tell your landlord, Housing Association and insurance company. 

Resident Support Fund

If you need financial help as a result of the flooding, you may be eligible for the Resident Support Fund 

Social Care Support

If you have any social care needs, please call our customer services team on 0208 937 4300 for support. 

Water damaged goods and rubbish collections

Residents most affected by the recent flooding can leave water-damaged items outside their property and we will collect them free of charge. 

If there are items placed outside your property that you do not want collected, make sure you label them as ‘not for collection. 

You can find more advice on how to recover after a flood on the gov.uk website.

Business Advice

Businesses are encouraged to contact their insurance providers to make a claim for any damage or losses.

If you are a business owner who is a ratepayer and have suffered significant damage to your business premises or have incurred significant financial losses as a result of the flooding, you may be able to apply for the Hardship Relief from Business Rates 

Brent Council - How to reduce your business rates

Discretionary grants to businesses may also be available.  Contact the council’s Business Support Team on business@brent.gov.uk to find out more