|Name of school||The Southover Partnership Outreach Service|
|Job title||Outreach Tutor/ Outreach Teacher |
|Name of headteacher||Merushka Hansraj |
|Salary||Grade/scale point £23. 53- £33. 43/ hour |
|Interview date||To be arranged individually |
|Start date||Immediate start preferred |
|How to apply||Complete our application form and email to email@example.com or contact us on the same email to arrange a discussion about the post with our Executive Head Teacher, Merushka Hansraj. Visit the website for more information. |
The Southover Partnership School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the same commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.
Giving children the stepping stone they need to get back on track.
Southover Partnership Outreach is a specialist provision which supports, plans and delivers a highly personalised teaching and learning approach to support students in the home or other public settings and schools. Our students are often the hardest to reach, often being disengaged and require targeted nurture and specialised techniques to access education and reintegrate them back into a school setting. Whether through ill-health, behaviour, anxiety, social or mental health issues or have other special educational needs with other learning difficulties. Most of our students have Education and Health Care (EHC) plans.
Our learners come from diverse settings; many have a history of disrupted or limited schooling. Our role is the stepping stone they need to get them back on track.
We are looking for Practitioners (qualified teacher status is not essential) who are passionate about education, with some experience of working with SEN children, to work with our students in their homes or out of school settings.
You will be delivering core subjects of English, Maths, Science and PHS to follow the English National Curriculum. Lessons tend to be from 1 to 3 hours in duration.
We can offer you:
- Flexible working hours that revolve around existing commitments
- Termly contracts with hours to be negotiated
- Collaborative working with support of a teaching assistant
- Two adults per student on every placement
- Teaching and learning autonomy
- Ongoing support for professional development from Southover Partnership management Outreach Team and other external trainers
- Remote learning opportunities
- A friendly and supportive place to work.
You are an educational practitioner, either a qualified teacher or experienced tutor who is passionate about education, with experience of working with SEN students.
- Have a minimum commitment to be able to deliver sessions for 10-15 hours across the week
- Be able to use a creative approach using arts & crafts, drama, music, gardening, cooking or sport as a tool to engage with learners
- Be a super role model, aiding independence and life skills for our learners.
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.