The Gateway to Support Services Hub delivers preventative social care services and statutory advocacy for Brent residents.
We are a partnership of three experienced local organisations, dedicated to offering vital health, care and wellbeing services.
We deliver innovative, seamless one-stop community support for carers, people experiencing social isolation and those in need of statutory advocacy.
Brent residents needing support will benefit from:
Support for Young Carers
- Young carer activities, trips, and events during term time and school holidays
- Opportunities to come together and network
- Advocacy support
- Championing rights
- Early Help Assessments (EHAs)
Support for Older Carers
- Carer-specific information and advice service
- Carers' assessments
- Carers' support groups
- Training programmes
Social Isolation Prevention
- Volunteering and work opportunities
- Training and educational opportunities
- Mentoring, buddying and befriending
- Social activities
- Health promotion e.g. exercise classes, healthy eating classes, cooking and gardening
- Arts and cultural activities e.g. computer classes.
Advocacy means giving a person support to have their voice heard. It is a service aimed at helping people understand their rights and the choices they have. It can help assist you to speak up about the care you receive. We can help you with:
- Care Act Advocacy
- Independent Mental Capacity Act Advocacy.
- Independent Mental Health Act Advocacy