Love Where You Live aims to provide funding to help residents come together and deliver a local project that makes a difference to the lives of people in their neighborhood. In doing so we aim to build and develop stronger, resilient communities.
Who can apply?
- Brent residents
- Community and voluntary organisations
- Registered charities
- Constituted clubs or groups
- Mutual aid groups
- Social enterprises and Community Interest Companies (C.I.C’s)
In addition, applicants need to:
- Be over the age of 16 (if under 18, permission needs to be given from an appropriate adult)
- The project must be in Brent.
We particularly welcome applications from new groups who have not previously been funded by the council.
What can you use the grant for?
The project should be a one-off activity (unless your project is concerned with social isolation or capacity building) with a clear beginning and end.
Projects should fit one of seven key themes:
- Developing community cohesion and bringing the community together: activities or events, which help, create a sense of belonging.
- Climate change and tackling environmental issues: coming together to make your neighbourhood cleaner and greener.
- Addressing inequalities and expanding local engagement: reaching out to new communities, cultures and neighbours.
- Capacity-building: to help support and grow a newly formed group.
- Tackling social isolation: supporting people who have little support or community involvement.
- Disproportionate impact of Covid-19: providing projects or activities aimed at addressing the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on the Brent community.
- Mutual aid activities: aiming to provide relief to the most vulnerable within Brent.
How much can you apply for?
Each applicant can apply for a grant of up to £1,000 (limited to one submission per financial year).
Before you apply
Closing dates for applications
Love Where You Live operates a rolling applications process. Here are the upcoming closing dates for applications to be submitted:
- Friday 29 April 2022
- Friday 27 May 2022
- Friday 24 June 2022
- Friday 29 July 2022
- Friday 26 August 2022
- Friday 30 September 2022