|School||Northview Primary School|
|Job title ||KS1 Class Teacher – Maternity Cover |
|Head||Mr David Syed|
|Salary||Grade/scale point and Hours Mainscale|
|Closing date||Until position filled|
|Interviews||To be confirmed|
|Start date||January 2024|
|How to apply|| |
To arrange a visit to the school, please contact the School Office on 020 8450 7982. Please find the job description and person specification to assist you with your application.
Interviews will take place on an ‘as and when basis’ as applications are received. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Additional information|| |
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Northview Primary is a happy and diverse school with a wealth of cultures. We take great pride in our diverse community and we are determined to make a positive impact on children’s lives. We strongly believe that all children can be encouraged to do their best in a positive, innovative learning environment.
Our Ethos and INSPIRE values are an important part of what makes our school special.
At Northview Primary School we work hard to make a difference to our pupils’ lives.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Year 1 Class Teacher to cover maternity leave for a minimum of two terms, starting from 3rd January 2024. The appointed teacher should be able to play a key role in the continuing development of our school as well as raise the profile of pupils’ attainment and progress.
Our school’s results, as published on 13 December 2018, show progress scores of 4.2, 2.7 and 3.6 in English reading, writing and mathematics respectively.
“This means that in terms of the progress your pupils make between Key Stage 1 and the end of Key Stage 2, your school is amongst the top 3% of schools in England. We want to equip every child with the fluency in reading, writing and mathematics necessary to prepare them for a successful secondary education and beyond, and your school has provided this. Thank you for producing such high standards through your hard work and professionalism, and congratulations again to you and your staff for all you have achieved.” Rt Hon Damian Hinds MP Secretary of State for Education and Rt Hon Nick Gibb MP Minister of State for School Standards.
We are looking to appoint a highly effective teacher to:
- Demonstrate outstanding skills in assessment of learning
- Equip every child with the fluency in reading, writing and mathematics necessary to prepare them for a successful KS1 education and beyond
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and keen on improving children’s lives
- Inspire and act as a positive role model for children, parents and staff
- Be determined and motivated to learn and succeed
- Work co-operatively with the wider school team
- Have the ability to raise standards and fully adhere to the professional teaching standards
We are a school with:
- A very supportive family atmosphere and strong sense of community
- Happy children who are eager to learn
- A highly experienced and supportive senior leadership team
- A friendly and supportive team of teachers
- A wealth of curriculum resources
- A pro-active PSA
- A commitment to professional development