|School||Park Lane Primary School|
|Address||Park Lane, Wembley, Middlesex, HA9 7RY|
|Head||Miss Enid Lewis|
|Job title ||Speech and Language Teaching Assistant |
|Salary||Scale 3, point 5 £21,575 + L.W. £2,094 (salary negotiable depending on experience) |
|Closing date||When post is filled|
|Interviews||As and when applicable|
|Start date||Immediate start|
|How to apply|| |
Please visit the school’s website for an application pack.
|Additional information ||Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check. |
This is a great opportunity to join our popular and well established school. If you are a team player with high expectations of our pupils and of yourself, enthusiasm, commitment and energy, then please contact us.
will work closely with class teachers to provide support and guidance for pupils in your year group. The confidence and ability to work flexibly and contribute to teaching and learning is essential, as is the willingness to cater for all aspects of physical, social and emotional needs.
The school is committed to removing and boundaries to pupils’ learning that may be derived from speech or language difficulties. As a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant, you will take an active role in supporting and helping students develop their language, social and academic skills, both on a 1-2-1 basis and in groups.
- A modern, stimulating and welcoming environment
- Colleagues who are friendly, supportive and work co-operatively
- Children who are excited about learning
- Parents who are supportive of the work the school does
- Excellent professional development
- Graduate level (desirable)
- Have the ability to liaise with teaching staff to provide particular support to targeted pupils along with class groups to raise achievement and attendance, and help them to overcome speech and language barriers to learning
- Provide input to the identification of needs, assessing those pupils needing extra support and the development of individual action plans for targeted pupils
- Work on a one to one basis or in small groups with targeted pupils who are underperforming in their subjects to implement and manage an action plan
- Provide extra support to pupils through knowledge of a range of activities and opportunities available to them
- Implement, monitor and evaluate agreed learning/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupils needs
- Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports on the pupils’ achievements, progress and other matters