|School||Preston Manor School|
|Head Teacher||Russell Denial|
|Job title||KS5 Applied Science Coordinator|
Inner London MPS/UPS + TLR 2a £2,873
|Hours||Full time, permanent|
|Closing date||Noon on Monday 9 May 2022|
w/c 9 May 2022
|Start date|| |
|How to apply|| |
The School’s Application Form will only be accepted from candidates who have completed this form in full. CV’s will not be accepted as a substitute.
The safeguarding responsibilities of this post have been outlined in the job description and person specification.
Preston Manor School is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
|Additional Information ||Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check. |
Making school memorable by striving for excellence
The success of Preston Manor School is built on an 80-year old reputation which continues to flourish through its committed staff, dedicated Governors and supportive parents.
We are an all-through co-operative school with students ranging from 4 – 19 years. Staff are expected to make the most of this all through provision and to liaise with relevant colleagues in all parts of the school. The school is based over two sites and there may be times when colleagues are expected to work across both sites with students.
We value working in partnership together with our young people to achieve the best outcomes for every student that joins our prestigious school. The school is oversubscribed for places, reflecting the reputation the school has for its academic rigour and excellence in teaching and learning.
We are proud of our focus on student and staff wellbeing, which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We are driven in our aims and ambitions and aspire to continue to build on our success in a supportive and friendly environment.
At Preston Manor we celebrate diversity and equality of opportunity, which is reflected in our high staff-retention rates and the successes of our student population.
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
- be an excellent practitioner
- lead by example and act as a strong role model to students and staff
- have a positive, can do attitude with staff and students
- be able to demonstrate good leadership and management skills
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student progress though own practice
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
- the opportunity to work across the education phases
- motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious students
- a friendly and supportive team of teachers
- well-resourced facilities
- a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
- a commitment to professional development, including an excellent CPD programme including NQT induction and Teach First training
The above post provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality environment and to become part of a highly motivated and visionary staff.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Teacher of Science who would like to take on additional teaching and learning responsibility. KS5 Applied Science is a popular course for science students who do not take the traditional A-level route.
The successful candidate will have the vision and creativity to continue the successful outcomes of the Applied Science course and be an active member of the Science Department. They will join an energetic school which strives to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations of achievement.
The successful candidate would be expected to be able to teach at all Key Stages. They will also be expected to line manage key post holders within the department.