|School||Preston Park Primary School|
|Head||Mrs Georgina Nutton|
£17,773.00 - £18,094.00 plus £1,788.00 London weighting
|Closing date|| |
On going until a successful candidate is appointed
|Interviews||Candidates will be shortlisted and interviewed, as and when applications are received.|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
|How to apply|| |
Visits to the school are welcomed please call Jayashri Varsani on 020 8904 3602 to arrange your visit. Please fill out Brent’s application form (CV’s are not accepted) and forward to the school or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Additional information|| |
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Preston Park is a thriving three form entry, fully inclusive and diverse community school set in the heart of Wembley, Brent. At Preston Park we are proud to educate children from all over the world and strive to ensure that all children are ‘Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow’ for truly inspirational learning experiences. Teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do at Preston Park. We are committed to ensuring that children achieve excellence, enjoy their time at school and develop into confident, resilient and independent learners. Our school is well resourced with rich indoor and outdoor learning environments comprising of bright classrooms, spacious playgrounds, wildlife nature reserve and a sensory quad area.
Preston Park are working towards becoming a recognised school leading on STEAM, Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths.
Preston Park Primary are seeking an outstanding Receptionist to join our school front office. The successful candidate will act as a 'gatekeeper' to the school, as well as carrying out a number of important administrative responsibilities within the school.
This role is term-time only and hours of work will be 8:00-3:45pm, 5 days per week.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with visitors, pupils, staff and parents and liaising as necessary with outside agencies, so an ability to interact professionally on a number of levels is important.
- Monitoring access to the site, ensuring visitors sign in and out in accordance with safeguarding procedures
- Undertaking typing, word-processing, spreadsheets, databases and other IT- based tasks.
- Ensure school communication is sent out in a timely manner
- Administer payments for school trips, meals, clubs and other purchases on our online system
The receptionist role is varied and interesting with opportunities to further develop professional skills. Further details on the role are provided in the Job Description.
We are looking for an individual who can share the founding vision and ethos for Preston Park, (please visit the school and look on the school’s website).
The successful candidate must be excited by the chance to contribute to Preston Park Primary and driven to do what it takes to succeed.
The individual should be:
- Computer literate and able to operate a range of basic resources and equipment, including computers and photocopiers
- They must be able to absorb and understand a wide range of information and have the patience and ability to converse with parents and provide advice and information in accurate spoken English
- The individual should be able to work flexibly and part of a team, as the receptionist role is part of a very busy school office
- Able to evidence previous successful clerical, administrative and financial experience in a comparable working environment