Inner-London Teacher Pay-scale plus SEN Allowance (Point 1)
|Closing date||3:30pm Monday 11 July 2022|
Monday 11 and Tuesday 12 July 2022
|Interview date||Week Commencing Monday 11 July 2022 |
|Start date|| |
From September 2022
|How to apply||We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of our children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and references will be required. |
A job description and person specification can be obtained from the school website.
Please email all completed application forms to: email@example.com
This is an exceptional school. Staff support every pupil to achieve their full potential. Pupils are happy, safe and settled here. Pupils are taught in a very individualised way. Staff make sure that they reflect the school motto ‘Love, Learn, Laugh’ in everything that they do.’ (Ofsted Report January 2020)
Manor School is a warm, happy and welcoming special school and we are part of the Rise Partnership Trust. (RPT). We’re committed to ensuring that all pupils are supported to make the most of their unique potential and we were delighted to be crowned “School of the Year” at the National School Awards in November 2019.
We have a highly trained and effective team of staff who specialise in supporting pupils with a wide range of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
We are seeking to appoint a passionate teacher for our primary site who will become an integral part of our school community. Interested candidates must share our motto: ‘Love, Learn, Laugh.
- Supportive colleagues and a caring working environment
- A comprehensive induction and mentoring programme
- Outstanding in-service training and opportunities to develop professionally in a thriving and growing school
- A generous PPA allocation
- Well-resourced vibrant classrooms with high adult to pupil ratios
- Dedicated support from in house therapists and other specialists
- An innovative approach to staff well-being that supports a healthy work/life balance
- Support from a passionate, approachable, empathetic and ambitious senior leadership team
‘Teachers are fully committed to the school and its pupils. Leaders understand the workload that operating at this level places on staff. They are careful to seek ways that support staff in managing their workload. As a result, staff feel that leaders listen to them and that they are valued. Parents and carers told us how much they appreciate staff’s hard work to support their children.’ (Ofsted, January 2020)
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Has two or more years of experience
- Is a positive, enthusiastic and creative individual
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner and passionate about teaching children with SEND
- Strives to provide the highest standard of teaching using appropriate and specific strategies to engage and support pupils with a wide range of learning needs
- Is committed to working in partnership with others, including therapists and families
- Has experience and confidence in managing behaviour positively
- Is commitment to their own continued professional development
- Has a sound understanding of the stages of child development
- Has experience or knowledge of working with children with autism and/or learning difficulties
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.