|Name of school||The Southover Partnership Outreach Service|
|Job title||Teaching Assistant |
|Name of headteacher||Merushka Hansraj |
|Salary||Grade/scale: £14.48 - £16.09/ hour |
|Interview date||To be arranged individually |
|Start date||Immediate start preferred |
|How to apply|| |
The Southover Partnership School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the same commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.
Contact email@example.com for an application pack, or to arrange to speak to Heather Stephens, Lead Practitioner, about the post. Visit the website for more information.
Southover Partnership Outreach is a specialist provision which supports, plans and delivers a highly personalised teaching and learning approach to support students in the home or other public settings and schools. Our students are often the hardest to reach, often being disengaged and require targeted nurture and specialised techniques to access education and reintegrate them back into a school setting. Whether through ill-health, behaviour, anxiety, social or mental health issues or have other special educational needs with other learning difficulties. Most of our students have Education and Health Care (EHC) plans.
Our learners come from diverse settings; many have a history of disrupted or limited schooling. Our role is the stepping stone they need to get them back on track.
We are looking for:
- Teaching Assistants who are passionate about education, with some experience of working with SEN children
- A minimum commitment from you to deliver sessions 10-15 hours across the week
- Specialist practitioners that can support teachers and tutors deliver core subjects English, Maths Science and PHSE to follow the English National Curriculum
- The ability to be creative using arts & crafts, drama, music, gardening, cooking or sport as a tool to engage with learners
- Practitioners who can be super role models for, aiding independence and life skills for our learners.
In return we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours that revolve around existing commitments
- Termly contracts with hours to be negotiated
- Collaborative working with support of a teaching assistant
- Two adults per student on every placement
- Teaching and learning autonomy
- Ongoing support for professional development from Southover Partnership management Outreach Team and other external trainers
- Progression within the role, with mentoring and tutoring opportunities
- Remote learning opportunities
- A friendly and supportive place to work.
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.