Get ready for an enjoyable summer school holiday. Brent children and young people are invited once again to take part in exciting activities, from cooking to sports across the borough
The free activities kick off from 19 July and will run until 2 September, for school-aged children and young people (aged 4-16 years) in Reception to Year 11, who are eligible for and receive benefits-related free school meals.
There is something for everyone including sports, dance, arts and crafts, day trips, cooking healthy food and more, helping Brent’s children to stay active and have fun.
Eligible children and young people will benefit from:
- A nutritious meal each day
- A wide range of fun, physical and enriching activities
- Education around healthy eating and preparing food
- Information, advice and workshops for parents, carers and families
- A safe space for children to interact with others
The Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme is funded by the Department for Education, and is designed to support the physical and mental health of children and young people.
Cllr Gwen Grahl, Cabinet Member for children, young people and schools said: “The HAF programme last summer had great attendance and was a huge success.