John Billam Resource Centre
As a centre of excellence, we deliver services for adults aged 18 to 65 with learning disabilities. In our modern, purpose-built building, we offer personalised care and support to people with the most profound disabilities as well as those with less needs.
Our autism friendly environment and ways of working have been recognised and accredited by the National Autistic Society. We support people to live their lives with the highest level of quality and to achieve their aspirational goals. Our specially qualified staff members offer tailored training which meets the needs of our customers, carers and their families.
The ABC of John Billam Resource Centre
In the Autism Unit we support individuals to develop lifelong skills and meet their aspirational targets. We deliver the highest standards and have been accredited by the National Autistic Society.
Building based service
At John Billam we support people with more profound disabilities. We encourage our customers to actively partake in therapeutic sessions which promote their well being. Activities include dance, massage therapy and arts.
Our support workers enable people to be active and productive members of their local communities. We do this by working along side local and national organisations, colleges and employers. We support people to increase their independence through accessing training, employment and to move from home into supported living.
John Billam Centre, Woodcock Hill, Kenton HA3 0PQ
Open: Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm
Tel: 020 8937 6646
Watch our slideshow of images taken at John Billam
What do we do at John Billam Resource Centre?
- Employment Opportunities – We help our customers access voluntary and paid employment across the borough by building relationships and links with local organisations and businesses.
- Health and Wellbeing – We have a variety of therapy sessions including dance and massage to help improve individuals physical and social wellbeing.
- Community Inclusion – We support our clients in becoming active and valued members of society through recreational and education group activities.
- Sensory Champions – Our specially trained staff identify and assess sensory needs in a proactive and positive way for the people they work with.
- ActionSpace – Providing Art opportunities to people with learning disabilities whilst engaging in a programme that nurtures talent.
- Social Enterprise – Ongoing, sale by sale.
MapJohn Billam Resource Centre 51.5760169,-0.2994436000000178,1
John Billam Centre
Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm
Tel: 020 8937 6646