Services and volunteering

Brent Social Services

For someone who is finding it difficult to manage independently, contact us for an assessment of needs and of the needs of informal carers.

Social workers and care assessors will talk with the person about what care is needed and how this can be provided. When discussing plans, they will take into account their personal preferences, including any Advanced Care plans or decisions. They will check if a referral for a Continuing Healthcare assessment is required and can discuss options for managing finances. If they do arrange care, care providers will have to demonstrate a commitment to good standards of end of life care, whether care is provided in sheltered accommodation or in a care home.

Specialist services in Brent

Specialist services for end of life care are mainly provided through the NHS, by the voluntary sector or charities, such as MacMillan. End of life or palliative care specialists work in hospitals, hospices and in the community.

Hospice care

For advanced illness, hospice care is available to people following a referral. Hospices that work with Brent residents (including carers) are:

Other local hospice providers are: