Hospital support from Adult Social Care
We have a designated team to support Brent residents to return home following a period of time in hospital.
The Hospital Discharge Team supports people who are eligible under the Care Act 2014 to be discharged from hospital due to recent illness, disability, old age and frailty.
The team is responsible for facilitating safe and timely discharge from hospital and works closely with hospital staff to make this happen. We support discharge from hospitals for all Brent residents who need support from social care on discharge including:
- Northwick Park Hospital
- Central Middlesex Hospital
- Royal Free, Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals
- Imperial Group: St Mary’s Hospital, Charing Cross, and Hammersmith
The team also supports Brent residents who are admitted in acute hospitals that are out of the borough as well as residents receiving inpatient rehabilitation at Willesden Centre for Health and Care.
The Hospital Discharge Team carries out social care assessments and sets up appropriate services according to need, to support safe discharges for people when they leave hospital.
The hospital discharge process
- Step 1: The hospital staff will complete an assessment notification and send it to Brent Council via email@example.com.
- Step 2. When this has been received, the Hospital Discharge Team at Brent Council will arrange for an assessment of the person's needs, living environment and support network, which is done by a social worker. At times this may be done by the hospital staff on behalf of Brent Council if needs are short-term and the appropriate health professional is already involved.
- Step 3: Hospital staff should send a notification via firstname.lastname@example.org to inform Brent Social Services of the expected discharge date.
- Step 4: The Hospital Discharge Team staff confirm with the hospital and family that the required services are in place in time for the discharge from the hospital.
- Step 5: The care plan is monitored by Brent Council and, if necessary, adjusted to meet any change in needs.
For more information on hospital services in Brent, please go to Brent CCG website.