How Adult Social Care works in Brent
Brent Council Adult Social Care supports:
- people with physical disabilities
- people with learning disabilities
- older people
- people with mental health needs
- young people with a disability aged 14-25 in their transitional journey into adulthood
- people caring for others
- people who need help to keep living at home
- people at risk of harm
- anyone who just wants information and advice about social and community support
- people being discharged from hospital
We want residents who are eligible for social care funding to:
- lead full and active lives where they are supported to be independent as far as they can be
- have choice and control over the services and support they receive
- have access to services that use resources creatively and focus on improving the quality of life.
What we do
- provide easy ways for you to contact us for advice or an initial assessment online with CarePlace.
- help you as quickly as we can after you contact us
- provide as much information and advice as we can when you contact us
- assess your needs over the phone
- make a quick decision on your eligibility
- help you to remain independent
- provide support straight from hospital.