Social Isolation in Brent Initiative (SIBI)
SIBI is a joint initiative funded by Brent Adult Social Care, Brent Public Health, Brent CCG and managed by Brent CVS.
The aim of the project is to target and address social isolation in individuals who are over 18 and identified as being at risk of, or suffering from, social isolation, lack of social contact and low community involvement. Social isolation could occur for a range of reasons but some groups are particularly at risk, such as:
- people with long term illness
- older people living alone and with no access to transport
- people with low income
- people with mental health issues
- people with dementia
- carers/older carers.
SIBI will help identify if there are particular issues contributing to isolation and signpost for assistance, as well as identifying ways of reducing isolation.
Just as social isolation affects different people in different ways how it can be resolved will also be different. Therefore, SIBI will assist people to identify and access a range of activities including:
- social activities such as art classes, gardening, singing or book clubs to give people a range of activities that they can go to independently
- volunteering – isolated people can have a lot of skills and experience that they may be happy to share with others or organisations but simply do not know how to.
How to access SIBI
To access the SIBI service you can visit the CVS website.
How to get involved with SIBI
- Do you currently run activities that we could join?
- Have you got events coming up where we can come along?
- Would you like to join us at our events?
- Please share your ideas in engaging with people
- We’re looking for admin and events volunteers, volunteer and support SIBI.
For further details please contact:
Michael Stuart, SIBI Coordinator
0741 531 5998
020 3011 1699
We have a number of day opportunities and day centres. For more information view the Careplace online health and social care information service.