Contact us about benefits

Please check your email security settings to ensure that our emails reach your inbox, otherwise it will go to your junk/spam folder.

Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support

If you need to make a claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support, you must do this online via My Account.

  • if your circumstances have changed (eg change in income, moving home or rent increase) you need to tell us by reporting a change of circumstance. You must report changes of circumstances within one month of the change. Failure to do so may result in you losing out on benefit which you may otherwise be entitled to or the cancellation of your claim.
  • if you are contacting us to request a revision or an appeal of your claim, please do so via dispute/appeal.
  • for any other enquiries, or to view your housing benefit and council tax support, please log into your My Account.
  • If you have been unable to resolve your enquiry following the above steps, please call us on 020 8937 1800 and select option 3 to speak to an advisor (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm only).

How to access My Account

Register or log in to My Account 


Popular questions

Before you contact us about housing benefit or council tax support please check the popular questions list, as this may answer your question.

Other ways to contact

When contacting us by phone or post please provide the following information:

  1. A contact number(s) that we can reach you on to help us deal with your enquiry
  2. Your benefit reference number, name(s) and address
  3. Full details of your enquiry to help us deal with it promptly


020 8937 1800


London Borough of Brent
Revenue and Benefits
Brent Civic Centre
Engineers Way
Wembley HA9 0FJ
Or visit the Brent Customer Services local office.