Contact us about benefits
Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support
If you need to make a claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support, you must do this online via My Account.
- if your circumstances have changed (eg change in income, moving home or rent increase) you need to tell us by reporting a change of circumstance. You must report changes of circumstances within one month of the change. Failure to do so may result in you losing out on benefit which you may otherwise be entitled to or the cancellation of your claim.
- if you are contacting us to request a revision or an appeal of your claim, please do so via dispute/appeal.
- for any other enquiries, or to view your housing benefit and council tax support, please log into your my My Account.
- If you have been unable to resolve your enquiry following the above steps, please call us on 020 8937 1800 and select option 3 to speak to an advisor (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm only).
How to access My Account
Before you contact us about housing benefit or council tax support please check the popular questions list, as this may answer your question.
Other ways to contact
When contacting us by phone or post please provide the following information:
- A contact number(s) that we can reach you on to help us deal with your enquiry
- Your benefit reference number, name(s) and address
- Full details of your enquiry to help us deal with it promptly
020 8937 1800
London Borough of Brent
Revenue and Benefits
Brent Civic Centre
Wembley HA9 0FJ
Or visit the Brent Customer Services local office.
- Contact us about benefits
- Housing benefit and council tax support popular questions