Am I eligible?

Universal Credit does not affect the following individuals:

  • Pensioners
  • Those living in temporary or supporting accommodation
  • Those who get the Severe Disability Premium

If you're already claiming benefits, you don’t need to do anything. You’ll be told when UC will affect you.

If you are a new resident, or you have had a change in circumstances, you must apply for UC.