Registering a birth outside Brent

If your baby was born outside the borough, we cannot register your child's birth in the normal way. You should visit the register office for the place of birth. Check with the hospital or midwife to find out where to go.

Alternatively, you can visit any register office in England or Wales and register the baby by declaration. Find a register office on

The register office will send the details to the local authority where the baby was born so the registration can be completed.  If you would like to purchase a full birth certificate you must contact the register office in the local authority where the child was born.