Care in action
Brent Care in Action is Brent's Children in Care Council and works to make sure children and young people in and who have left care have the chance to be involved in making decisions and sharing their views about the services and support they receive.
If you are a young person in the care of Brent and want to get involved, please speak with your social worker or foster carer who can contact your Participation Officers.
Brent Care in Action encourages children and young people to shape our services so that we can make improvements and respond to their needs.
There are two groups which children and young people can get involved in:
- Brent Care in Action is for young people in care aged 13+ and care leavers. They meet fortnightly, 5.30pm to 7.30pm on a Tuesday.
- Junior Care in Action is for children in care aged 7-12 years old. They meet once a month, 2pm to 4.30pm on a Saturday.
CIA aims to:
- improve outcomes for children and young people in care
- provide a forum to express their views
- influence services and available support
- develop a partnership with councillor's, directors and senior managers to work together in creating a better experience in care
- meet other children/young people and take part in fun activities/groups