Free early education
Free early education entitlement for two-year-olds
Some children aged two-years-old are eligible for 15 hours of free childcare provision per week.
To qualify you must be getting one of the following:
- income support or income based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit and have an annual income not over £16,190
- Universal credit and a combined/sole income of less than £15,400 a year after tax
- Working Tax Credits and earn no more than £16,190 a year
- the Working Tax Credit four-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Children are also entitled to a place if:
- the child has a current education, health and care plan
- the child receives Disability Living Allowance
- the child is looked after or in care
- they've left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or residence order.
- Children of Zambrano Carers (A Zambrano carer is a person whose right to remain in the UK derives from the citizenship of their dependents, in this case their child. The child must be a British Citizen residing in the UK who would be unable to reside in the UK the carer left the UK for an indefinite period)
- Children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private/family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights;
Children of a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 – ‘the 1999 Act’).
- If you wish to apply under the above criteria please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the appropriate application form.