Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC)
Aims of the course
This course will help parents with children aged up to 18 years to think about how their actions and experiences may influence their parenting style.
You will learn how to:
- gain a better understanding of child development
- use positive discipline techniques
- promote children’s social skills and self-discipline
- achieve positive change in family relationships
- explore and develop strategies to deal with factors that risk poor outcomes for children, such as harsh and/or inconsistent discipline.
Who is the course for
Parents of children aged 3 to 18 years old.
Next course date and location
Please see the latest parenting programme timetable
How long is the course
This is a 13 week programme and each session is 3 hours long.