Applying for a school place

Starting primary school for the first time

If your child is due to start primary school and has a statement of special educational needs or an Education Health and Care (EHC) plan, the process of identifying an appropriate school to meet your child’s needs is linked to their statement or EHC plan and will be made by our special educational needs assessment service (SENAS) in consultation with you.

You should not make an application for a primary school place yourself. If your child is in the process of being considered for an EHC plan you should apply in the normal way.