Applying for a school place

Transferring from Year 6 to 7

If your child is in Year 6 and has a statement of special educational needs or an Education Health and Care (EHC) plan, the process of identifying an appropriate school to meet your child’s needs is linked to their statement or EHC plan and will be made by our special educational needs assessment service (SENAS) in consultation with you.

You should not make an application for a secondary school place unless you wish your child to attend a selective (grammar) school.

If your child is in Year 6 but does not have a statement or an EHC plan but is on the SEN Support programme, or in the process of being considered for an EHC plan, you should apply in the normal way.