Special Educational Needs Assessment Service
The Special Educational Needs Assessment Service (SENAS) works closely with parents, schools, health and social care services to ensure that children and young people with SEND get the most out of their school life and maximise their achievements.
The team’s main responsibilities include:
- carrying out statutory assessments for children and young people with SEND
- identifying appropriate educational provision for pupils with SEND
- annually reviewing EHC plans
- overseeing admission to special schools, mainstream schools and nurseries for students with SEND
- giving advice and information to parents, schools and other organisations in relation to statutory SEND requirements and local authority procedures relating to the Children and Families Act 2014
- providing advice to schools on statutory requirements in relation to special educational needs
- representing the council in statutory appeal procedures, SEND tribunals and mediation
- administering SEND support funding to schools.
Special Educational Needs Assessment Service (SENAS),, Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, Middlesex, HAP 0FJ,
0208 937 3229