Education, health and care plans

Help and support

If you feel your child’s educational needs are not being met adequately, you should speak to your child’s teacher in the first instance. If you remain concerned, ask to have a meeting with the school’s Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO). If your child attends college you should speak to a tutor to discuss your concerns. 

If a resolution is not reached, you should follow the nursery/school/college’s complaints procedure. If you are still not happy after these discussions you can get independent and impartial help and advice from Brent SEND, Information, Advice and Support Service.

In cases when it isn't possible to reach agreement without a third party, we provide a free mediation service called KIDS.